WordPress 5.6 Beta 2
WordPress 5.6 beta 2 is now available for testing!
This software is still in development, so we recommend that you run this version on a test site.
You can test the WordPress 5.6 beta in two ways:
WordPress 5.6 is slated for release on December 8, 2020, and we need your help to get there!
Thank you to all of the contributors that tested the beta 1 development release and provided feedback. Testing for bugs is an important part of polishing each release and a great way to contribute to WordPress.
Since beta 1, 53 bugs have been fixed. Here is a summary of a few changes included in beta 2:
- 6 additional bugs have been fixed in the block editor (see #26442).
- Unified design for search forms and results across the admin (#37353).
- Exposed the
embedGutenberg block to Core (#51531).
- Updated Twemoji (#51356), React (#51505), and Akismet versions (#51610).
- Added accessibility improvements (among other things) to Application Passwords (#51580).
- Added indicator to image details for images attached to a site option (#42063).
WordPress 5.6 has lots of refinements to the developer experience as well. To keep up, subscribe to the Make WordPress Core blog and pay special attention to the developers’ notes for updates on those and other changes that could affect your products.
How to Help
If you think you’ve found a bug, you can post to the Alpha/Beta area in the support forums. We’d love to hear from you!
View Original Source Source